Religion Thread II Visit the new forums
http://destiny.cerberusstudios.net:8080/forum/index.php

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Bookmark this site!
Religion Thread II

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Visit the new forums Forum Index -> Writing Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fire Legion
The Living Dead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Religion Thread II Reply with quote

Since the old religion thread has been inactive for almost a year, and we never really got anywhere with it anyway, I think it's time to make a new one.

Here's my idea- two opposing temple factions battle for worshipers in the city, the Latta and the Cey. Each believes in four Gods:

Latta (translation= light):

Summary- As close as either side gets to the 'good guys'. Ultimately spreading the message of peace and love, but also brainwashing the people into obedience of the council. As a result, the government is trying to ensure Latta's victory in the conflict.

Prayer Book- Jygg commands order from his subjects. Remain clear, and content and obedient. Tolerate not the insane, tolerate not the unruly. Obey this, and be peaceful.

Aur commands strength from his subjects. Make good use of your skills, talents and position. Tolerate not the weak, tolerate not the cowardly. Obey this, and be strong.

Stend commands kindness from his subjects. Be considerate, honest and compassionate. Tolerate not the wicked, tolerate not the cruel. Obey this, and be virtuous.

Ze'n commands work from his subjects. Be active, hard-working and . Tolerate not the lazy, tolerate not the idle. Obey this, and be content.

Notes: Jygg is derived from Jyggalag, the Daedric Prince of order. Aur is derived from Auri-El, the Altmer God of strength. Stend is derived from Stendarr, the Altmer God of compassion. Ze'n is derived from Ze'n, the obscure and now unworshipped Bosmer God of toil.

Cey (translation= shadow):

Summary- The Cey preach ideals of hedonism and selfishness to the people. On the one hand they're dark and often cruel, but on the other they propose equality and freedom. The council wants them destroyed, but they have so many supporters that an uprising would occur if they did so.

Prayer Book- Today, everyone obeys. Tomorrow, we will be free.

Today, there is hierarchy. Tomorrow, we will be equal.

Today, you serve others. Tomorrow, we will serve ourselves.

Today, law constrains you. Tomorrow, we will unleash desire.

Notes: The Cey don't worship Gods as such, they worship their own emotions. They don't look to the heavens, they look within themselves for guidance.

"ILiedAboutTheCake: my 22" makes my friends drool Razz"
Mandalorian
Lead Concept Artist
Lead Concept Artist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like those ideas, and actually the Cey relegion sounds alot liek the modern day devil worship, mabey we could set there churchs up off of hte Black mass? adn for the Latta they seem sorta similiar to medivel christianity (sorta idk why i think that though Rolling Eyes ) So mabey we could have them have something similiar to German gothic architecture.

Pro Posterus of Subter supter may is ago quod exsisto perfectus
"for the future of Undernethe my she live and be finished"
THaloHarbinger
Lead Writer
Lead Writer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd love to through some variety of wicca into the frey XD

oooOOOOHHH, maybe a cheap knock off of buhdism

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Avego
Lead Worldbuilder
Lead Worldbuilder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good overview, me like!

Theres already gothic architecture in the game, just look at the cathedrals.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new here, haven't got a reply from your lead yet actually, but have been looking through the lore. What I've seen of your mod indicates something more of an ancestor worship society, this feels WAY to close to SI for a religion. Now if you were to create a conflict between the old church, prevalent among the poor, and worshiping ancestral spirts, sorta like the dunmer; and the new church, created by the first council and touted by the upper classes, you might have something fun. Just an idea from an outsider.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Visit the new forums Forum Index -> Writing Department All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: