'Steampunk discussion' Visit the new forums
http://destiny.cerberusstudios.net:8080/forum/index.php

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Bookmark this site!
'Steampunk discussion'
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Visit the new forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THaloHarbinger
Lead Writer
Lead Writer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, that's nathan for you^_^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Agonylord52
Lead Voice Actor
Lead Voice Actor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, thx a lot. anyways, I just thought that it would be an interesting enemy to fight, and that it would fit the steampunk theme of the rebels. I mean, come on, it does sound pretty cool. Anyways, if we can't have clockwork men, then at least let's have some clockwork SOMETHINGS to fight. maybe, a guardian for the clockwork guys house, or something like that, a clockwork rat, even (I know, sounds stupid, but I'm just trying to put some ideas out there, instead of constantly mowing other peoples' ideas down, thank you very much.). Mind you, I don't know the entire storyline, so don't go puttin up a hissy fit if you think I'm trying to take over the store, cause i don't even know what it is. However, if the storyline only consists of you trying to get free from the undernethe, then I think we should add some more depth to that, even if it's not as simple as I have just stated.
Nekronom
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well nathan, you see, when i joined it was my dream, it all fit, everything had fallen into place for me, and i can totally imagine a nethemer world with SOME steampunk stuff ie weapons, armor, clothes, statics, but not in any world aside from a steampunk world could i imagine clockwork creatures, they just....dont fit the nethemer no matter how far you stretch them, to add the clockwork creatures, is to kill the entire basis of how dependant they are on magic, sure, theyre amazingly smart, but magic, is there basis, they would have no knowledge of mechanics, therefore it would have to be entirely from scratch, and magic, being the only thing they know, would hold together and automate any such mechanic they could make.

Animals, require AI, and they it just doesnt fit them, it would be creating another being, and with the nethemer as sheltered as they are, it just doesnt fit to have a small group playing god, it just doesnt make sense. the steampunk THEME in general works as a SMALL contrast to the nethemers magic, but it cannot be an equal rival without utterly destroying the entire basis of the story.

Its not just the nethemer, and its not just us, its what makes sense and what just seems wrong in the sense its in. Clockwork creatures and people....do not fit at all, they look cool, but they dont work with the whole plot/story/lore at all. There HAVE been talks about adding some dwemer mining stuff down there, and that would be ok to have some mining spiders, or dwemer armor, but not the sentinels or anything. All in All, to add certain things like that would be a HUGE injustice on our part.

Truly, you have NO idea how serious i am about this, and if it IS incorporated, there will be catastrophic consequences, so DONT DO IT

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Visit the new forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Bin All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: