In Mod We Trust Visit the new forums
http://destiny.cerberusstudios.net:8080/forum/index.php

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Bookmark this site!
In Mod We Trust

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Visit the new forums Forum Index -> Agreed Action
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheogorath
Admin (Post Whore)
Admin (Post Whore)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: In Mod We Trust Reply with quote

I think of us as an organization, and a family, and also a business. I manage, laugh, and work.

But this familorganess needs to expand a bit.

Our first step would be ES files, as usual. We need to promote and get some workers for the teaser.

Our second step would be of course uploading this teaster to ES files, File Planet, and TES nexus. We will explain why it is summer and 2008 and why there is not an actual mod.

Lastly, we need to get a website and get our heads in the game, fufill our potential and start making deep quality mods.

Money.
You know we need it to do things...
Well I have some ideas!
The Undernethe modellers can upload some models to Turbo Squid and try to sell them, we also can sell add space on our website and if people would be kind enough to donate thats great as well.

Time.
We have lives...
Well more ideas your way.
If we can expand the team try to fill out over different timezones, we can actually work pretty productively.

and he is always watching...

Last edited by Sheogorath on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nekronom
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sheo, you truly ARE a god, now we need this stickied if its not already
Concept Artist
Concept Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I desagree.

I think that befor making any type of advertisment, with need something to advertise, and something to advertise WITH:

-Something to advertise, meens that we need something to "sell" to the public (and possible futur team members) Right now, what it is that we've got we can give? Nothing much. We need a place for members to meet and share infos (website/forum) and we need some kind of mod for them to feed on (ie: teaser 2)

-Something to advertise WITH, meening we need screenshots, phisical products (ie: teaser 2) and the such.

Saying "Hey! We've got nothing right now, no good place for us to talk, but if you'd join us, we could do it!" wont impress anyone. If we do this, most people will ask "Well...what have you done anyway?", and a few curious persons will actualy click on the link, get here, and...well get lost.

So, basicly, we need 2 things befor starting to advertise/recruit:

-A platform (website/forum) for our public to learn about us, see our organisation and proffecionalism.

-A product (ie: teaser 2) to show that we actualy already done something and are serious about it. To show them what we could possibly do, with OR without their help. Make them WANT to be part of this thing.

I'm telling you...In marketing, you dont advertise if you dont have a store, a product and an image. If you do, you'll make a litle noise, but then the noise will dispers, and if you try later on to get back on the map, what's left of the noise you make will ruin your music!

Lets fnish this teaser we have designed so that we alone could do it, let's make our selves a website/forum when we'll have picture and links (of the teaser 2) to show, and THEN let's massivly...like everywhere, advertise and recruit.

Please visit our forum: http://z3.invisionfree.com/Safe_Havens_Forum/index.php?act=idx
Avego
Lead Worldbuilder
Lead Worldbuilder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree overall. We should begin to make preparations for when the teaser has been released to create our own website. Once this is done we can join MODDB, the wider modding communities Hub extending over hundreds of games. This will net us much advertising potential. If you have any queries as to why this would be advantageous, google MODDB or ask me : )

I say this now, as one of the requirements to register a Moddb account for a mod is to have a fully functioning website.

I think for the teaser we should make a video trailer near release, I can provide music. I have several gigs of music from films and trailer music you may have heard in Cinema's for Hollywood releases. These may be of interest to THalo and I'd like to discuss this at some point with him.

I'd like to apologise for my inactivity of late, Aside from a recent addiction to EVE online, I have been taking advantage of any work coming my way to fund my own plans for the future, this typically involved 9 hour shifts with very little in the way of breaks (I'm a waiter at functions, such as weddings) On top of this there's been DIY needs doing!

Now Sheo, I want to get this cleared up as soon as possible and as you're not presently on MSN I'll post it here.

I have 4 modding projects on the go, I'm willing to put 3 of them on hold for the most part to dedicate my time to TES mod projects I'm involved with. I can either concentrate on Sandwind for Ghothe or the Undernethe Teaser and do each one procedurally. Bear in mind I still want to make Sandwind in the future, but if this holds up your plans to much I'll concede to you. I currently think that the Undy Teaser is more pressing, but you give me the word on which is most important and I'll get to work asap.
Lead Concept Artist
Lead Concept Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good that you put this here Sheo. We've discussed this thing in the past and have always gotten sidetracked. I think Snipe has made a few really good points, mainly in the fact that we need to do something if we ever hope to have a successful ad campaign.

ASs for the issues of money i think our main form of revenue would be from donations. Also although we do need a small amount of money we wont need to much. I mean the only things I can see us needing is a domain name, and professional hosts for our forum and website.

So I would say the issue that is most pressing at the moment is to finish our teaser and do it right this time. We already spent our one mess up with the original teaser and if we hope to once again become a respected mod we need to do this one right. Actually Beta test and make sure that it is an immersive environment and that it has a true and effective plot line to it. I'm not saying it has to be large.. just well done.

Pro Posterus of Subter supter may is ago quod exsisto perfectus
"for the future of Undernethe my she live and be finished"
Sheogorath
Admin (Post Whore)
Admin (Post Whore)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, indeed.

I withdrawl my earlier plans

ILiedAboutTheCake
Website/Systems Admin
Website/Systems Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since is gonna be around the end of the summer untill my rig is running (i just ordered RAM today) but I can step in and work on ES files since all you need it is a internet connection. I can do that while I am still doing my job as long as the server stays up and running. Since I am usually just online there at least 3 hours most night playing Travian because I got nothing else better to do. Just let me know through email/MSN/PM and I will get to it...

*If im offline on MSN just leave me a offline message.

And if i did have a "22"" im sure everyone would drool over it
Code:
Don't put big pics in here
THaloHarbinger
Lead Writer
Lead Writer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(posting from some middle-of-nowhere motel in the middle-of-fricken-nowhere, USA)

Here's what i think should be done during the next week. Tomorrow, everyone who see's this post should get on MSN and hold a discussion concerning every aspect of the teaser. from design to perpose to clutter to concepts to sound design and everything in between. Monday, i will be back home, and will discuss the layout of the teaser with anyone who will sit still long enough. i will then map out the teaser, and hopefully with Snipes help, concept the entirety of the teaser. Tuesday, i will take the concepts(which may still be being drawn at the time) to anyone willing to spend time modeling. thursday, all architextural models will be finalised, and the results showcased to the team. a discussion on sound design and light design will then be had. clutter models will be finalised. Friday, all architextural models will be ingame, and worldbuilding will comence, during which all sound, creature, clutter, equiptment, etc. . . resouces will be finalised. saturday will be an all day team meeting at the usual place, in which our progress will be scrutinised, all current esp's will be murged, and an official teaser esp will be published.

These are the deadlines. i'm currently 1000 miles(no kidding) from home, and still working to get this teaser finished. i suspect it will take close to 2-3 times the amount of time aloted to get this much work done, so don't start freaking out thinking it can't be done. these are deadlines, not the end of the world^_^

I can't tell you guys how much i miss youz, and how much i miss home right now^_^ cross country driving has taken its tole, it seems. i can't wait to get back to start working with youz guyz again.

good luck^_^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nekronom
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats alot of work there, mate, but to take the load off of everyone else, i can take some of the concept jobs if its ok, and if sheo can u'v the models i can create my own textures. and yes i can do that and model, IF i take an entire day with sheo at my disposal, i can model six different weapons, 12 clutter objects, and a few tileset pieces, AND 3 or more concepts, plus textures for at least four of the models.

and no, thats not to much work for me
Admin (Post Whore)
Admin (Post Whore)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't think that the sixith is really a good meeting date. We have a few people out of town...

Mandalorian
Lead Concept Artist
Lead Concept Artist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that timescale is really possible... mainly due to the fact that we have 1 modeler, and 1 world builder... also I will be away from the computer alot over next week do to the fact that it is the last week of summer school so if we are going to have a meeting we'll have to choose an exact time before hand, especially since many others are away.

Pro Posterus of Subter supter may is ago quod exsisto perfectus
"for the future of Undernethe my she live and be finished"
THaloHarbinger
Lead Writer
Lead Writer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If necesary, i can do the work. as i said, i suspect it'll be close to double, tripple, the time alloted. now's not the time for nay-sayers. you've got your work, go do it. i'll be on tomorrow evening. untill then,

Peace

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sheogorath
Admin (Post Whore)
Admin (Post Whore)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locked. we have a seperate thread for meeting times. Get back to work...

And have a wonderful day,

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Visit the new forums Forum Index -> Agreed Action All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: