Down To business Visit the new forums
http://destiny.cerberusstudios.net:8080/forum/index.php

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Bookmark this site!
Down To business

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandalorian
Lead Concept Artist
Lead Concept Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Down To business Reply with quote

We need to decide the following as a team (majority does indeed rule) with in the next week. We can't let our selves get distracted any longer. If these decisions aren't made or debated with in a week I will decide by myself. These will effect Undernethe and Cerberus in General

1. What Cerberus's new Website/forum provider will be.

2. What the new Forum provider for Undernethe will be

3. How we will set up the new Undernethe site (we need to really talk about this one, this doesn't just mean the board layout but also the team structure)

These are essential for us to continue our forward momentum. Once these are decided we can get to work on actually readying the forums (including a new skin) and really get Cerberus ready to take the modding world by storm.

Pro Posterus of Subter supter may is ago quod exsisto perfectus
"for the future of Undernethe my she live and be finished"
Snipefalcon2
Concept Artist
Concept Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-Since Super Llama cant do it, we need someone else that knows lots about web hosting to find us a good provider for the Cerberus website. As for the forum I would chose an invision one: it doesnt crash, it's costomisable, and it's easy to use.

But, something even better would be to find a Web host that can do both websites and forums in the same place.

2-I would, again, vote for invison for the new Undernethe forum.

3-The new Undernethe forum must be better organised. Now please...dont comme and tell me organisation is useless or things like "I'm lost when things are too organised". If you cant work in an organised environement, you cant work.

As for how the team should be built, I would propose something like this:

-Project Leads: same as those now. If some wish to abandon their positions, I dont think we should name new ones. I think it's been clearly stated that in some casse, less was more.

-Departement Leads: same as those now (if they wish), and the positions left should be fullfilled. I think that it would be very important that the Dep Leads should be talented in the field they are leads in, and also ACTIVE. Unactive leads should give up their leadership on their own, and the project leads should also encourage them to do so if they dont.

-Moderators: Project Leads and Departement Leads often take care of this...but they sometime dont have time to play police. These are responsible, respectfull AND experienced and helpfull modders. Newbies that sound cool arent fit for being moderators.

-Staff Member: Working Team members. These are active, productive and usefull to the mod. Idea givers are important, but "builders" are, I think, even more. These actualy do work often.

-Team Member: Mostly newbies to the team or unexperienced modders that are still doing their best to help out by giving ideas, doing advertisement, etc etc. Once they've proven their selves to be pruductive, they can access to the Staff status.

-Registered Members: just that...people that registered in the forum.

Please visit our forum: http://z3.invisionfree.com/Safe_Havens_Forum/index.php?act=idx
Nekronom
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just dont organize like me, the file trail to get to the excavation tent is as follows:

Desktop/Undernethe/Meshes/Architecture/Archeology/Excavation/Tents/EXtent01
Lead Concept Artist
Lead Concept Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipe I would agree with you on doing the Invision although I personally would prefer the IPB 2.0 instead of the older version it still has the ease of use of Invisionfree but many more features and more options for setup.

Also another fact that I think should be stressed is that we shoul dkeep the team smalelr and not just let anyone on, we should actually have seperate public and team member areas. Then to become a team member the person would both have to show natural ability and also have spent time devoted to the forum and active and have a basic understanding of Undernethe.

Also I agree that it would be absolutly ideal if we could get a Cerberus Domain Name registered and get a professional website and forum for it. However this would mean creating a joint pypal account (the best option in my veiw) for the Cerberus Admins that we could all put the requisite amount of money into.

Snipefalcon2
Concept Artist
Concept Artist

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree will all that you said above.

Please visit our forum: http://z3.invisionfree.com/Safe_Havens_Forum/index.php?act=idx
Mandalorian
Lead Concept Artist
Lead Concept Artist

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I just had a great idea, If we where to get a Domain name registered and we got a professional forum/website... chances are we could use that domain name like this www.CerberusForums/Mods/Undernethe where Undernethe is actually an entirely different forum but under the same domain name. This way we could help our mods even more.

Snipefalcon2
Concept Artist
Concept Artist

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would indeed be realy nice!!!

Mandalorian
Lead Concept Artist
Lead Concept Artist

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a week has past and while everything was indeed discussed... it was between only me and Snipe... so I'm going to just accept that everyone else agrees with all of our points so.

We need to get together on this now, Snipe if you could log on at any time in the next day or two (i'll try to be on as much as possible) we an finish discussing this and decide on how exactly where going to managed to get a domain name registered. I'm going to do a bit of research into cost.

THaloHarbinger
Lead Writer
Lead Writer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i apologize for being late on this one. finals have eaten me whole^_^. i agree with just about everything said. however, this isn't me area of expertise, so you two have just a wee bit more say in this than i do. since my free time will triple in a week, i'll definatly be able to work on getting these things implemented. i'll see y'all on msn.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Super_Llama
Lead Scripter
Lead Scripter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find a provider, but I can do the HTML

^go to my ORP forums^

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Snipefalcon2
Concept Artist
Concept Artist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, almost 2 months have passed since the last update about this reform we where planning.

Now that we have started to seriously work on the second teaser, and are getting motivated into working, I think we should make our selves a plan:

-I think that, since we are in it right now, that our number uno priority should be to finish the teaser. We are motivated, we have time...let's not waste them. Befor the end of summer, I would like us to have completed this teaser, and be ready for it's release.

-BEFOR the release of the teaser though, even if the teaser is completely finish, I think we must complet Cerby's and Undy's reform, so to actualy use this teaser as an advertisement, which is I think is the only perpice of a teaser.

So, basicly, we finish and polish the teaser, then create the new Cerberus website/forum and then create the new Undy forum. Once that is done, we can MASSIVELY release the teaser, with links to both Undy's forum (requesting for help) and to Cerberus' website/forum!

Nekronom
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hear hear, and i think, that as a teaser for the teaser, we should upload the nethemer and saurian as playable races, like the first time around

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Visit the new forums Forum Index -> Cerberus All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: